Monday, December 12, 2005

Nina in the tapes (4)

Continuing our review of places in the tapes where Nina appears (begun here and here). When we last saw our favorite ex-MP, he had confirmed that he had spoken to Nina, and that he and Nina would not cross unless they got 'something good quickly' here). After commenting again on the closeness of the coming votes in the House of Commons, Dosanjh gives Grewal some advice. Here is the May 31st transcript:
Only ask for Nina.gif
Here is the June 5th transcript (yellow marks what is new there):
Nina in tapes #2.gif
Here is my version (red marks what was left out of both Conservative transcripts):
UD Vaise taa, it is not an easy thing. I wouldn’t. You really have to think. Main aap sochda haan, Waheguru karega taa it might be possible. Nobody will make you totally blunt promise. That is not done is politics usually. (NOT CLEAR). You might be better off for yourself, about asking all you are looking for is for your wife rather than for you, because you will have a pension or something, you can go right away… You can ask for both, but that might be the only thing that might be feasible. I haven’t talked to them, that’s just my way of thinking. Main tuhade naal gal kar riha haan, tusi kidaan karna hai vekh lao. I think you should tell Tim what you have in mind. Edaan nahin kadey vee hunda ki mainu aah cheez chahidi hai taan karoon. Then that’s not good for you. I know that you might not be ready to do it right now you certainly be looking for a significant appointment for her, not for you. How old are you now? In fact, it is not an easy thing. I wouldn’t. You really have to think. My own thinking is that, if the God wishes, it might be possible. Nobody will make you totally blunt promise. That is not done is politics usually. (NOT CLEAR). You might be better off for yourself, about asking all you are looking for is for your wife rather than for you, because you will have a pension or something, you can go right away… You can ask for both, but that might be the only thing that might be feasible. I haven’t talked to them, that’s just my way of thinking. I am just telling you, you decide what to do. I think you should tell Tim what you have in mind. It never works like this that you give me such and such thing and I’ll do it. Then that’s not good for you. I know that you might not be ready to do it right now you certainly be looking for a significant appointment for her, not for you. How old are you now?
AA 47 47
BB te tuhadi pension? And your pension?
AA Athth saalan ‘ch In 8 years
BB Athth saalan lai? For 8 years?
AA Athth saalan tak… 55 lug jange After 8 years… I will be 55.
What are the differences?

What is in the June 5th transcript but not in the May 31st one is in yellow: that Dosanjh told Grewal that he would not be likely to get anything for himself, and he might have a better chance of making a pitch for Nina.

What is in red has also been excluded from the June 5th translation/transcript, but is audible (according to my Punjabi-speaking helpers) in the tapes. It is being made public here for the first time. Dosanjh here clearly tells Grewal that there will be no clear x-for-y deal. That was not what Grewal had told the public and it was therefore cut.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home