"Buckets," you might be asking, "how many edits were there in the originally released tape?" There were many; that is clear. Over the last day or so, I've pointed out these:
- Edited out: "Chuck Cadman is an honest man"
- Edited-out: Judy Sgro made an illegal campaign contribution (Grewal)
- Edited out: Even staunch Conservatives in my riding do not want an election
- Edited out: People will talk in India (Grewal)
- Edited out: Grewal tries again to score a cabinet position
- Edited out: The other 25% depends on what happens next
- Edited out: PM nixes a reward outside of politics
- Edited out: Happy I will be when I know what and when
- Editing tapes: how to do it right
To appreciate how many edits there were and how much is missing, I've created a little slide show for you here. Be patient, it takes some time to load. The yellow is what had been edited out of the original version.
(Don't miss page 8! It is the only page without yellow!)
Update. For those who want to see individual pages, go here.
Update 2. For those who want a permanent memento of the Grewal tapes, you can download your handy-dandy colour-coded pdf (roughly the equivilant of the slide show) by going to http://ryanthiessen.com/uploads/buckets/Bucket's-Grewal-Dosanjh-Murphy.pdf (about 8 megabytes).
Update 3. There is now a more easily readable version here.
[edited and revised several times]