Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Edited out: "Chuck Cadman is an honest man"

Via Progressive Bloggers I read Cherniak's latest. (I am surely not the only one to notice how smart this guy is. Remember his name. He'll be important someday.) Anyway, one of his points that I'm sure we'll all agree with is that the only politician who's come out of the last few months looking good is Chuck Cadman. Which is interesting, because some nice things about Cadman were edited out of the Grewal tapes.

Here is the transcript of the first tape that was released (middle p. 3):

Now compare this to the unedited tape's transcript (very bottom of p. 3 and top of p. 4):


But why would anyone delete Murphy's nice comments about Cadman?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I have a viable explanation. The CPC is trying to drive as much of a wedge between the Liberal party and Cadman, hoping they can make it more likely that the next confidence motion has Cadman voting against the government. By making these deletions they help do that by removing anything nice the Liberals have to say about Cadman, thereby preventing Cadman from thinking maybe these guys aren't too bad. Especially given the degree of scandal and confidence questioning the CPC looked to use these recording for this may be possible. I realize this is a bit of a stretch, but it is the only explanation I can think of for why they would have edited these comments out.

Just thought I'd give you at least one possible explanation. Hope it helps.

5:58 PM  

<< Home