Saturday, June 04, 2005

Crap. Yet another 20 minutes of tape

Hi all. This morning I had a devious idea. That news release of a couple nights ago, claiming that inadvertent changes had been made to the tapes through accidental glitches, informed us that a new, complete file of the Grewal conversation with Dosanjh and Murphy.

What if they also changed other tapes, too?

Sure enough, there's something different. I have just checked this, and under the link "Meeting between Gurmant Grewal and Tim Murphy, (10:00AM, Mr. Grewal’s Office) May 18, 2005" is a file called "TM.mp3", which is 25 min. 38 sec. The old file was called "tm meeting.pm3" it is 3 min. 59 sec. (Did anyone else download this file? Can they confirm the original title and length?)

update an anonymous commenter tells me that his file is exactly the same length and title. What this means, of course, is that the Conservatives have released three tapes of the same conversation, none of them identical.

4 Comments:

Blogger AJSomerset said...

From 3 minutes to 20 because of a technical glitch?

That's a hell of a technical glitch.

They got a lot of 'splaining to do.

9:17 AM  
Blogger buckets said...

This is getting too complicated--there are now three different taped versions of the same conversation.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a copy of the original:

tm meeting.mp3 3723KB copid to my hard drive at May 31st 2005, 3:52pm EDT (Time server synced) and is 3:58.235 in length.

If you need a copy, leave a comment here and I will sign up to your blog, and I can email it to you.

10:43 AM  
Blogger buckets said...

Thanks, Anonymous. That is exactly the file that I have. I just wanted to make sure that it didn't get truncated somehow.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home