Thursday, December 01, 2005

ex-Mayor of Surrey seeks Grewal's seat

As everyone knows, Grewal decided against running for re-election in Newton-North Delta. Now the question is who will replace him as a candidate there. Apparently Doug McCallum, who used to be a Liberal, has decided to seek the Conservative nomination (here).

The voters of Surrey decided not to re-elect McCallum as mayor about a month ago.

Update. There's another story about McCallum in the Globe and Mail, here.

Update 2. Chimera has just posted that McCallum has been disqualified. Go see his commentary here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chimera said...

Whaaaaat/

From the local paper less than a week ago:

http://www.thenownewspaper.com/issues05/115105/news/115105nn1.html

This is my town (and by that, I mean that I live here, and I've seen this joker in inaction -- and no, that was not a typo), and maybe someone should warn Stephen Harper that he should have begged GG to stay. 'Cause if he thinks GG was a problem... Hoo, boy! look out!

Buckets, get another site set up, 'cause if former Emperor Doogie wins this seat, you're gonna have more than enough fuel for your fires.

By th' way -- mucho congratulations on making the finals in the CBA!

2:49 AM  
Blogger Chimera said...

I just heard on the radio that McCallum has been disqualified, and I posted it to my site. Here's the only text link I could find:

http://www.cknw.com/news/news_local.cfm?cat=7428654912&rem=25209&red=80165423aPBIny&wids=410&gi=1&gm=news_local.cfm

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home