Conservatives release new longer Grewal transcript!
Hi all. Well, all that work was wasted. Sometime in the last day or two, a new pdf transcript has been uploaded to the Grewal site. The link "Meeting between Gurmant Grewal and Ujjal Dosanjh, joined by Tim Murphy (1:00 PM Ujjal Dossanjh’s Office, Confederation Building)" no longer downloads ("2Conversation-TimMurphy-UjjalDosanjh-GurmantGrewal.pdf"), which was 10.5 pages long. It is now replaced by "Conversation between TM-UD-GG_2.pdf", which is 16 pages and in a smaller font. (It wasn't there when I downloaded the new tape two days ago.)
Anyway. The readings of the smoking transcript are confirmed.
What do we find there?
- Grewal asked for a senate seat for his wife (p. 13, near bottom)
- Grewal talked about his MP pension (p. 14)
- Murphy explained why a senate seat wasn't possible (p. 14, near top)
- Grewal expects to be made a cabinet minister in a future government (p. 14 middle) and so decides against crossing the floor. "I stay where I am. So if I cross the floor and then have some sense of equivalent security." (The Conservative version gets it wrong, I think: "If I stay where I am. So if I cross the floor then have some sense of permanent security.") (Can someone check to see what they hear? This is at 48:25 in the tape)
- Grewal claims that he would be easily elected as a Liberal in his riding, but admits that his wife might not. (p. 14 bottom)
But regular readers of Bucketss of Grewal knew this already. So the score? Goodness, is anyone counting?