FAQ 2a. What are these tapes and how many of them are there? (The Kalia Tapes)
If you go to Grewal's website here, there are four audio files available to download together with four transcripts of the conversations. (The tapes that were first released, however, are not the tapes that are there now: see a later FAQ for further information about this.) Some of these tapes, however, contain more than one conversation. So, here are a list of the conversations and tapes as they stand now.
A. "Various Calls to Gurmant Grewal from Sudesh Kalia: May 15/16, 2005", which now downloads the file TelConservations-GG-SK.mp3, which is 7 minutes 27 seconds long. You can see a scan of the transcipts (here). This has seven items of interest (of which six are calls).
- Sunday May 15 Evening - call from SK
- Monday May 16 Morning (early)
- Monday May 16 Morning (9:04) message left from SK
- Monday May 16 (before 3 PM - SK tells GG to phone UJ after 3)
- Monday May 16 (c. 3 PM? - SK tells GG to phone UJ right away)
- Monday May 16 (before 8 pm) - SK sets up the 'pizza date' for 8 pm
- A log of calls between SK and GG on GG's Blackberry (see here)