Notes on Holt's letter 1: the Airport
As you noticed, Jim Holt (president of Grewal's riding association) has written to party members with a lengthy defense of Grewal. He identifies six issues:
- Bonding for visa applicants
- The taping of his conversations with Dosanjh and Murphy
- The airport incident
- The resurfaced allegation concerning Grewal's own immigration through the investment program
- The recent report that Grewal had released "New Tapes"
- Allegations about campaign finance
There are new details about the airport incident. According to Holt, (1) Grewal did receive clearance from Air Canada staff to have someone take the package, (2) that he approached only one passenger, and (3) the package was "an open envelope with two CDs".
It is this third item that is the most important. This is the first time that we have a Conservative spokesman clearly state what was in the envelope. (There were reports from sources that it was recordings--but no official statement.)